The use of mobile while riding a bike is not always prohibited. In fact, the regulations specify that it can be used as a GPS if a series of requirements are met, which we are going to clarify in this article.
In addition, we will explain the best way to carry your mobile on the bike safely and comfortably. Don’t risk fines or accidents! Keep reading: Bike for 6 feet tall
How to carry the mobile on the bike?
Step 1: Carry the mobile on the handlebar: You can carry the mobile on the handlebar. The mobile will be easy to access and you won’t have to worry about it falling off.
Step 2: Carry the mobile in a backpack: You can also carry the mobile in a backpack. This is a great option if you want to keep your hands free.
Step 3: Carry the mobile in a bag: You can also carry the mobile in a bag. This is a good option if you want to keep your hands free. You may also like to read https://pluginid.com/how-to-clean-mountain-bike-disc-brakes/
Step 4: Carry the mobile in a pouch: You can also carry the mobile in a pouch. This is a good option if you want to keep your hands free.
Things to consider while carrying the mobile on the bike
- Mobile phones are an essential part of our lives. We can’t function without them. They allow us to do so much. However, they’re not always easy to use while riding a bike. You may be carrying a lot of stuff in your bag or backpack or even have a purse or a fanny pack. This means you may have to keep your phone in your pocket or in your bag, which can be quite uncomfortable.
- Some people prefer to leave their phone in their pocket, while others like to use a case for their phone. Either way, make sure you know what type of phone you have. If it’s a flip phone, you’ll need to make sure you have a cover for it.
- Don’t put your phone on the handlebars. This can be dangerous. You could run into something and your phone could fall off the handlebars. You could also get hit by a car.
- If you want to keep your phone on the handlebars, make sure it’s in a safe place. You don’t want to leave it in the middle of the road or near traffic.
- You can use a pouch or fanny pack to carry your phone on the bike. It’s a great way to keep your phone safe.
- Some people like to carry their phones in their shirt pockets. You may find this is easier to access while riding. However, you should still make sure you have a case for your phone.
- You may want to consider using a messenger bag to carry your phone. This will give you more space for other things.
- Some people prefer to carry their phones in their back pockets. They find this is easier to access while riding. However, they need to make sure they have a case for their phone.
- If you want to carry your phone in your back pocket, make sure it’s in a safe place. Don’t leave it in the middle of the road or near traffic.
- You may want to consider using a pouch or fanny pack to carry your phone in your back pocket. This will give you more space for other things.
Regulations for the use of mobile phones on the bike
The DGT is clear: “It is forbidden to drive and use headphones connected to receivers or players, as well as the use of a mobile phone.” Therefore, we could have doubts about whether it is legal to use the mobile as a GPS.
However, the General Circulation Regulations clarify the following:
“The use by the driver with the vehicle in motion of devices such as screens is considered incompatible with the mandatory permanent attention to driving. The use of monitors that are in sight of the driver as well as the GPS device is excerpted for these purposes.
The use of mobile phone devices and any other means of communication system while driving is prohibited, except when the development of communication takes place without using the hands or using helmets, headphones or similar instruments .”
Therefore, if the mobile serves as a GPS device, it can be used as long as it guarantees freedom of movement, the necessary field of vision and attention to traffic.
The most comfortable way to carry the mobile on the bike to use it as a GPS is through specific support placed on the handlebar. A good example is the KLICKfix Smartphone Holder, which stands out for having a large, padded surface with freely accessible controls and the phone’s charging socket.
It is also interesting that it allows you to rotate the mobile 360 °, something very useful when locating with Google Maps. The black coating on the strap is made of stainless steel and protects the handlebar as well as secures the mount against slipping.
Secret tips on carrying the mobile on the bike
- Don’t forget to carry the mobile with you when you ride the bike. You don’t want to lose your phone while riding.
- If you have a smartphone, then you should be able to access your phone using a Bluetooth connection. This means that you won’t have to worry about charging the phone while you ride.
- If you’re using a smartphone, then you’ll want to make sure that you have a good pair of headphones. This will allow you to listen to your music without having to hold the phone in your hand.
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have a good pair of lights. This is especially important if you’re riding at night. You’ll want to make sure that you can see clearly while riding at night.
- You’ll also want to make sure that you have a good pair of gloves. You’ll need to make sure that you can easily access your phone and other items when you’re riding.
To protect the mobile even on rainy days, there are also smartphone bag holders. The transparent plastic allows you to continue seeing the GPS and protect the mobile from drops of water.